Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Eat Chocolate, Get Skinny

Here’s a study I can get behind. According to a letter published in the Archives of Internal Medicine and reported on Bloomberg, a study of 1,000 people concluded that those who ate chocolate about five times a week had a one point lower body mass index than those who didn’t. That equates to about 5 pounds less for someone five feet tall and weighing 120 pounds.

Will eating chocolate five times a day make you even skinnier? I’m offering to be a participant in their next study to find out.


HT: Pastor Scott Klemsz

photo credit: Dale

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

American chocolate contains wax and other artificial additives. By contrast, German chocolate is organic. What kind of chocolate was used in the study?

Scott Diekmann said...

Oops. I see the link didn't work, which is now fixed. It did not specify which type of chocolate they used. I suspect it may not have been a controlled study, in which case it was whatever type of chocolate the people claimed to have eaten, although I don't know that for a fact.

Anonymous said...

Hey Scott,

One of the first things I noticed (liked) about you is that you are a chocolate "seeker", as am I and so is one of my daughters.

Dark chocolate, low in additives of all kinds, with not that much sugar and absolutely NEVER any milk... is what we crave.

We are skinny.

Cynthia

Scott Diekmann said...

Hi Cynthia. Thanks for your comment. Dark chocolate is definitely better for you than milk chocolate, although I am very inclusive and irenic when it comes to chocolate. I never met a chocolate I didn't like!

Anonymous said...

Using the Food Pyramid as a guide, you discover that beans are supposed to be an important part of your diet. The bean.......the cocoa bean is a bean.! Of course!

Scott Diekmann said...

I like your way of thinking Anonymous!