Friday, November 27, 2009

Runnin' in San Diego

I took my trusty camera on a run with me in San Diego recently, and thought I'd share some of the pics with you. I started running at the top of the hill above downtown San Diego, with a beautiful view of Coronado in the distance, palms silhouetted against the bay. Down the hill I went, towards the Convention Center. Lots of restaurants along the way as I passed through the Gaslamp Quarter, weaving in and out of a sunny afternoon crowd on the busy sidewalks. I ran past the baseball field, named Petco Park, where the Padres play. Ran along the water front - row after row of gently swaying sail boats and speed boats docked between the big hotels and the bay. Ran along the length of the retired aircraft carrier U.S.S. Midway and several other big ships. I ended the run at Lucy's Taco Shop, which is a little hole-in-the-wall spot with really good authentic Mexican food, where, of course, I had to chow down (pictured below). A great run with a fitting conclusion.











No comments: