Sunday, September 7, 2008

Even the "Unchurched" Aren't Color Blind


Now Frank over at Putting Out the Fire has really gone and done it. The Studebaker was great, but this time he's gone too far. Again. First the Ablaze!® bracelet, now this. I'm all for reaching the unchurched, but not in a MAUVE 1979 El Camino. Don't get me wrong, I love the El Camino, just not in MAUVE, or whatever the LCMS color actually is.

It seems that the volunteer fireman may have temporarily overlooked his vocation. I thought the trend was to put out the mauve, not reignite it!

4 comments:

Frank Gillespie said...

I’m not advocating the use of mauve but rather I’m showing the progression that would lead us to where we are today. Mauve didn’t just appear out of nowhere and appear on stationery, brochures, and parade floats…mauve has a history. If we can not look back an see where we went wrong, how else are we to correct this dangerous path that we have decided to travel down. You know the saying about those who can’t learn from their mistakes don’t you?

Lutheran Lucciola said...

Did this color bother you guys before I made a joke about it? I'm not teasing, I'm serious....did anyone either consciously or subconsciously find themselves disturbed by it?

Especially the guys. I'm curious!

Scott Diekmann said...

Honestly, yes. I've never liked the whatever-that-color-is on the LCMS logo. I'd prefer something a little more bold. That color seems to be a melding of several other colors into something unionistic.

Of course, the whole thing is a fun way to poke fun at ourselves and blow off a little steam. Comic relief is helpful at times. If you really want to see an example of steam, read the post above this one.

Frank Gillespie said...

"That color seems to be a melding of several other colors into something unionistic." BULLSEYE!