Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Issues, Etc. Takes a Giant Turn for the Worst

Jeff out corrallin' guests.
Things are rapidly going downhill at the Lutheran Public Radio studios.  Why you ask?  Apparently the gate was left open on the stable of guests, who subsequently vamoosed,  resulting in Producer Jeff Schwarz having to lasso people straight off the range as emergency guests. (A little like an emergency Baptism I guess - you do what you have to do.) Things got so dire that they actually interviewed me, discussing the article I recently wrote for Higher Things Magazine. The interview was so bad that I completely forgot to listen to my own spot, which was prerecorded and aired yesterday. Imagine my surprise when I was reminded about the whole dusty affair by a link Kari Anderson posted on Facebook.  I guess, as Pastor Wilken says, "they're all reruns to me."  So I suggest, unless you absolutely insist on listening to every segment of Issues, Etc., that you skip this one.  I saw on the news that most of the previous guests have now been rounded back up, so things should return to their normal quality programming at the LPR stable shortly.  We can all praise the Lord for that!


photocredit: Conlawprof

6 comments:

Rev. Alan Kornacki, Jr. said...

I thought you were talking about *my* recent appearance! (In which case, you would have been correct. They must be scraping the bottom of the barrel!)

Scott Diekmann said...

Your IE appearance on the environment was great Pr. Kornacki. I think your appearance was before before the gate was left open: http://issuesetc.org/2012/01/23/1-christian-stewardship-of-the-environment-pr-alan-kornacki-1232012/
I suppose one can always second guess themselves on what you should have said. I know there was one question I didn't quite nail! It would be so much easier if I could both ask and answer the questions!

Dan at Necessary Roughness said...

Bwah hah hah. If they could make me sound good, they could surely make you sound like Mr. Universe. :)

Scott Diekmann said...

I'm sure Jeff must have had to do a lot of cutting and pasting in my case Dan, the production floor strewn with discarded audio tape.

Anonymous said...

Why would you have such hard words for the radio and its personnel? Do you have some personal grudge with them? I think they are doing a great service to us listeners by airing their programmes and you have the chance to serve your neighbour too by participating.

Scott Diekmann said...

It's only a joke Anonymous. No, I don't have a grudge, they're friends of mine, and they know I'm joking. Sorry I confused you.