Friday, May 25, 2012

The Good Wife's Guide

A few years back one of the women in the neighborhood jokingly emailed a copy of this article to some of the neighbors, which reportedly is a fake.  It certainly doesn't fit the vocation of housewife on all counts, but at any rate, it's funny.  My favorite: "Don't complain if he's late home for dinner or even stays out all night.  Count this as minor compared to what he might have gone through that day."  I haven't quite gotten the nerve to try this one out on my wife yet.  I think it might lead to another trite old-fashioned picture, the one of the frying pan bouncing off the side of my noggin with a "clank" sound.

Click on the graphic to enlarge

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't help but wonder what your noggin is made of, that would cause a "clank" sound. Metal on metal? Metal on wood? Metal on plastic?

In any case, do not, repeat, DO NOT try it out on your wife. Even if the sound is just "thud", you won't like the attendant physical and emotional pain.

Scott Diekmann said...

Didn't you know? I'm transhuman:

http://stand-firm.blogspot.com/2012/04/transhumanism-logical-end-product-of.html

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, I forgot....