Friday, May 30, 2008

Terms You Must Use

I’ve noticed a decided lack of trendy contemporary terminology in my own writing compared to that of many other Lutherans - please forgive me. I’ve been keeping track of the words that others might deem to be lacking in my diction, and will endeavor to incorporate them into future posts. Please help me by posting other words that I’m not using enough in the comment section, so that I can incorporate them as well. Here is the list, as best as I can figure it out:

:-)
IMHO
LOL
Unpack
Well
Whatever
Wow


In an effort to “rededicate” myself, here is my first feeble attempt at the “new me.”


Dear Reader,

Bear with me while I unpack this. IMHO, there are terms we should all be using in order to more effectively reach the postmodern seeker. Well, who am I to buck the trend. LOL! Wow, there’s a whole world of words out there that I’ve just discovered - it’s so liberating. No wonder I can’t understand other people’s posts. Whatever. :-)

2 comments:

Heidi said...

ROFL, dude, you TOTALLY slay me

;)

stuff like that - ooo, stuff and ooo too

Sadly, I post like that; it just sinks in. To top it off, I grew up with Valley Girl speak.

I like your blog; I've been reading it for a few weeks now. Sorry it was this post that made me first respond!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, what he said.

And I do mean that, Scott. You can say what I wish I could say, so please go back to your usual speak.

I'm glad I found your blog.

Becky