Friday, January 9, 2009

Middle-of-the-Road Men

Quoting from a sermon of Dr. Martin Luther:

Some jurists think: Even though an agreement with the pope is made, no one shall take the doctrine from us. Well, I hold that I, too, am considered a Doctor of Holy Scripture; yet I must pray daily that God may sustain me and stand at my side. Such jurists have little knowledge of this, nay, have never even tasted it. And if you do not pray and cry to God, He has taken faith and the doctrine of the divine Word away.

Therefore avoid and flee those who seek the middle of the road. Think of me after I am dead and such middle-of-the road men arise, for nothing good will come of it. There can be no compromise.

Quoted from What Luther Says (St Louis: CPH, 1959) 1019.

photo credit: BGLewandowski



Post Script:

Pastor Weedon commented: "You need the proverbial armadillo in that pic...."

Here you go Pastor Weedon:



photo credit: Visual Burn

4 comments:

William Weedon said...

You need the proverbial armadillo in that pic...

Scott Diekmann said...

Anything for you Pastor Weedon!

William Weedon said...

Poor thing! Not only to be run over but turned into a skunk!

Anonymous said...

Hmm... is that second picture evidence of what happens when we go to far to the right? We get painted over?

;-)