Friday, February 12, 2010

Winning the Daily Double

I met up with my friend Jim Pierce and a few other Lutherans a week ago for the monthly extravaganza “Pieper at the Pub.” We got together to compare notes on a section in Francis Pieper’s Christian Dogmatics. Everybody had a great time discussing Pieper and other theological topics and generally goofing off.

When I got home, I discovered that Jim’s blog Confessional’s Bytes and Stand Firm had each been selected that day for the prestigious Issues, Etc. Blog of the Week Award. Jim’s blog post was titled “Why Liberals Stay,” and the post on Stand Firm was titled "Run to the Lord’s Table."

That brings Stand Firm up to 4 ½ Blog of the Week awards; not 4, but 4 ½. Not that I keep track of such things of course. The ½ was for a day when the link for Pastor Wilken’s original selection was dead, so he picked a Stand Firm post as his backup. That extra ½ is good in case of tie-breakers. I’m not sure how many times Confessional’s Bytes has won, but I know it’s a bunch. Jim always has interesting things to say; Confessional’s Bytes is a class act.

Thanks to Jeff Schwarz for selecting Stand Firm for Blog of the Week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Scott,

Thank you for the kind words. I truly appreciate your blog, too. You certainly keep all of us up to date with issues in the LCMS and in apologetics in general. Thank you for blogging and for your friendship most of all.

Scott Diekmann said...

You're welcome Jim. It seems as though God somehow put us in each other's path doesn't it!