Sunday, May 18, 2008

Holy Trinity Sunday 2008

What a glorious Divine Service today. Holy Trinity Sunday, the processional, Confirmation, the Lord’s Supper, plus my son and I teamed together, he as Crucifer/Acolyte, and me as Elder.

I had the privilege of offering Christ’s blood to repentant sinners, an “experience” like no other. I’m blessed as an Elder to share the promise of salvation in visible form.

There is a sublime joy in sharing the Eucharist with those you know, especially through the common cup. I was able to commune some of my close friends that I hadn’t seen in a long while today. I held to their lips Christ’s blood, saying their name as we together celebrated Christ’s victory over sin, death, and the power of the devil, and as we shared the hope that is in us.

All glory to the Father,
All glory to the Son,
All glory to the Spirit,
Forever Three in One;
For as in the beginning,
Is now, shall ever be,
God’s triune name resounding,
Through all eternity.

No comments: