Wednesday, June 13, 2012

"It Is a Tragic Mistake"

Here is the text of LCMS President Matt Harrison's June 12 letter to the Minnesota South District Board of Directors regarding the sale of University Lutheran Chapel. I'm glad he sent the letter. It certainly doesn't reflect favorably on the MNS BOD when the Synod President, after all this time, feels he needs to again state his position due to their own lack of transparency.


Dear Directors,

As you well know, I have refrained from involvement in the ULC matter. I am compelled, however, to send this note to you as my name has been used, in part, to justify the action of the board in selling ULC. I want to be very clear to you and for the sake of the good people in the Synod who have been so troubled by this whole affair.

In your presence I acknowledged the board’s legal “right” to sell the chapel. However, I do not in any way, shape, or form, condone the sale of ULC. It is a tragic mistake, which has unleashed a blizzard of sin on all sides. Our life together has been deeply embittered.

I continue to name you in my daily prayers, as I have from the beginning of this affair, praying the Lord would grant us all repentance and rescue us from our sinful selves.

Fraternally in Christ,


Rev. Dr. Matthew C. Harrison, President
The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The district presidents will continue to do whatever they want. Why should they care what Synod thinks. Under the guidance of the DPs, the Church Growth movement continues unabated. They know Rev. Harrison is a toothless tiger.


~~Cafeteria Lutheran