Thursday, February 19, 2009

Comments from the Petition

If you haven't signed the Issues, Etc. trademark petition, you can click on the "Sign the Petition" graphic box to the right, and it will take you to the petition.

The petition, in less than 24 hours, has gained more than 1,000 signatures. Here's a few comments from those who have signed:

"'Issues, Etc.' has been a God-send for ELCA clergy who depend on it for a life-line of sanity and clear theology, and a boon to LCMS laity throughout synod who are looking for such relevant Lutheran programming. The content of 'Issues,' and the effort it has made to live up to its name, deserve a humble thank you and a 'bless you' from the LCMS Board of Directors, not opposition and dispute."

"Leave my daddy, Jeff, and Craig alone! They have done you no wrong. I find it interesting that at 17 I can see the simple solution to this issue while a group "Christian" of men three times my age cannot."

"I find myself being more ashamed of my beloved LC-MS each passing month. This use of lawyers to "handle" Christian issues is unforgivable and the synodical president is personally responsible by virtue of his office."

"This is hypocrisy, pure and utter hypocrisy. Someone needs to use the 'Keys.'"

"I have no intentions on leaving the Synod, but the Synod seems to be leaving me. I wish to stand and fight."

"This action by the LCMS Synod saddens me. It runs contrary to the interest of serving our neighbor. This action leads me to think LCMS is only concerned with the preservation of self rather than the Gospel."

"Martin Luther valued and translated Aesop's Fables, so Lutherans should understand what "dog in the manger" means."

No comments: