Monday, April 7, 2008

What This Blog Isn’t

Just so you know, this blog isn’t about throwing stones at others or running down our synod. It isn’t about wrangling over issues for which the Bible has no advice (adiaphora). While there may be times when individual names are mentioned, it is not my desire to belittle people. Ephesians 6:12 states:

For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

This blog is about the defense of the Gospel, and I will canoe down whatever theological, Christological, or any other "ological" river, rapids, or backwater it takes to get there.

While this blog started in the midst of turmoil, I pray that turmoil will be washed away through the forgiveness and reconciliation that can only be found through the death and resurrection of our Savior Jesus Christ.

Not everything I post will be about synodical, or even Lutheran-specific issues. There are plenty of cults, heretics and heresies to go around. My hope is that this blog will be helpful in some way to those who want to be further educated on events and ideas that threaten our common Confession, so that, together, we may stand firm.

So grab a paddle, hop in the boat, and let’s get going!

1 comment:

Kurt Onken said...

Hey, Scott...you are on my blogroll on my blog, and I've also added your feed to my Google Reader as well. I love your stuff. Keep up the good work, and I look forward to reading more of your musings and analysis.

I didn't plan on being first in everyone's lists by naming my blog 92state. Some who have linked to me have circumvented that by recording it as "Ninety-second and State." Tricky. But it puts me farther down the list.

Don't get any ideas.

PKO